The Festival Is Open To Everyone
Not just the cartoonists who’d like to exhibit. We want anyone with ideas for cartoon related things: Talks, workshops, games, whatever.
|Phone||+353 87 9608234|
- Submissions closed on September 30th. If you missed them, please begin to think about next year!
- In naming the exhibition “The Peace to End All Peace” we’re remembering both the resolution of WW1 and the horrors and upheavals that followed – many as direct consequence. So we’re looking for cartoons about the great events and issues of the last hundred years, from that Armistice right up until now.
- Particularly now. We’re eager to get cartoons about live issues, from anywhere in the world.
- But the theme is only a suggestion. We’re open to stuff about anything (or nothing). If it’s just funny, that is also perfect.
- Please include a brief biography with your submission.
- Submissions are open to all cartoon works of any kind, by anyone, from any place.
- We are especially interested in work from women cartoonists.
- We would particularly like to exhibit original drawings or signed, limited-edition prints. We undertake to return all such work after the festival.
- We take digital submissions too though. We will print and mount any selected for exhibition at no cost to the artist.
- If you wish to sell your work we’re happy to help. Please include the price. The festival doesn’t make any profit on sales, but the gallery will add 25% to cover its expenses. This includes delivery to the buyer.
- We work on the assumption that digital submissions can be sold as prints. These normally fetch €40 (A4) or €55 (A3) for the artist, though you can set whatever price you wish. We will use good-quality giclée printing.
- We would like to use images of some artwork to promote the festival, e.g., in press releases. Please let us know if you do not want your work to be used in this way.
The Festival’s Supporters
The cartoon festival owes its existence to several generous sponsors. Please imbibe in their hostelries, sleep in their rooms, and visit their countries!
- Tigh Neachtain
- The Connacht Hotel
- The Latin Quarter
- NUI Galway
- Galway City Council
- Creative Ireland
- Wallonie – Bruxelles International
- Bardzo Ładnie Foundation
- The Embassy of Belgium
- The Embassy of France
- The Embassy of the Republic of Poland
We’re still looking for help of all kinds – sponsors, advertisers, volunteers. If you’d like to, please get in touch.