- Cartoon Exhibitions
- Solo shows
- Art Workshops
- Personal appearances
- Talks and things
- Kids' stuff for kids
- Films, possibly
- Who really knows at this stage?
- Other stuff as well
Some Highlights from our 2017 Festival
1. On Tuesday October 24th at 4pm, Allan Cavanagh led a caricature workshop at the Black Gate, Frances St.
2. On Tuesday October 24th at 6pm, also at the Black Gate, we opened our second exhibition of cartoons. Thanks to all who attended!
3. Wednesday October 25th at 6pm I did a live radio interview on Vinnie Browne's arts show, Galway Bay FM, and succeeded in not saying "fuck".
4. On Thursday 26th, Tom Mathews and others had what could loosely be described as a cartooning meet-up in Neachtains.
5. On Friday 27th at 4.00, also at the Black Gate, we had Niall O Dochartaigh giving Laughter in a Time of Violence, a talk and slideshow on how the cartoonists of Northern Ireland negotiated the Troubles. "This talk analyses some of the most striking and insightful cartoons that emerged from the conflict, drawing out the recurring themes and arguments that cartoonists sought to advance through strong and sometimes shocking imagery." It was very much appreciated by the audience.
6. On Saturday 28th October we joined Phill Jupitus while he sketched in the Kenny Gallery as part of the Vodafone Comedy Carnival. He was lovely.
7. We hope to get other things including a music gig together for the coming extension week, but the band we wanted couldn't make it in the end so we're searching for one. Volunteers?
Is there a workshop you'd like to lead in 2018, a panel discussion you think we should host, a demonstration you'd like to give? Let us know.